Rights and obligations of citizens
In accordance with Article 19 of the Federal Law of November 21, 2011 No. 323-FZ “On the Fundamentals of Protecting the Health of Citizens in the Russian Federation”, when applying for and receiving medical care, a patient has the right to:
- the right to medical care in a guaranteed volume, provided free of charge in accordance with the program of state guarantees of free provision of medical care to citizens, as well as to receive paid medical services and other services, including in accordance with a voluntary medical insurance agreement;
- the choice of a doctor and the choice of a medical organization in accordance with this Federal Law;
- prevention, diagnosis, treatment, medical rehabilitation in medical organizations in conditions that meet sanitary and hygienic requirements;
- obtaining consultations of medical specialists;
- relief of pain associated with the disease and (or) medical intervention, available methods and drugs;
- obtaining information about their rights and obligations, the state of their health, the choice of persons to whom, in the interests of the patient, information about the state of his health can be transferred;
- receiving therapeutic nutrition in the case of a patient being treated in a hospital;
- protection of information constituting a medical secret;
- refusal of medical intervention;
- compensation for harm caused to health during the provision of medical care to him;
- admission to him of a lawyer or legal representative to protect their rights;
- the admission of a clergyman to him, and in the case of a patient being treated in a hospital, to the provision of conditions for the performance of religious rites, which can be carried out in a hospital, including the provision of a separate room, if this does not violate the internal regulations of the medical organization.
Obligations of citizens in the field of health care
In accordance with Article 19 of the Federal Law of November 21, 2011 No. 323-FZ “On the Fundamentals of Protecting the Health of Citizens in the Russian Federation”:
- citizens are obliged to take care of their health;
- citizens, in cases provided for by the legislation of the Russian Federation, are required to undergo medical examinations, and citizens suffering from diseases that pose a danger to others, in cases provided for by the legislation of the Russian Federation, are required to undergo a medical examination and treatment, as well as engage in the prevention of these diseases;
- citizens undergoing treatment are required to comply with the treatment regimen, including those determined for the period of their temporary incapacity for work, and the rules of the patient's behavior in medical organizations.
2. The insured persons are obliged to:
- 1) present a compulsory medical insurance policy when applying for medical care, except in cases of emergency medical care;
- submit to the insurance medical organization personally or through his representative an application for the choice of an insurance medical organization in accordance with the rules of compulsory medical insurance;
- notify the insurance medical organization about the change of surname, name, patronymic, place of residence within one month from the date when these changes occurred;
- 4) to select an insurance medical organization at a new place of residence within one month in case of a change in the place of residence and the absence of an insurance medical organization in which the citizen was previously insured.